ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE COORDINATOR
Reports to: Direct Reports
Date: August, 2022
The Accounts Receivable Coordinator will aim to maximize the collection efforts at Chair-man Mills (CMM) while building a long-term business relationship with clients. The successful candidate will play a vital role in credit and collection activities of a rapidly growing company and will be responsible for coordinating with Finance team for effective cash management. He/she will ensure that all clients’ issues are resolved in a timely fashion to expedite the collection. The candidate must be comfortable in a rapid decision-making environment and will understand the factors that drive the changes and potential growth within the business.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining credit history files.
- Analyzing and assessing the creditworthiness of account/client using external credit risk management reports/tools.
- Supporting the collection efforts/calls for accounts receivable portfolio.
- Documenting daily collections activities.
- Researching account disputes, billing discrepancies and resolve them in timely fashion.
- Performing account/payment reconciliations.
- Updating all contact information on an ongoing basis.
- Responding to credit inquiries from external and internal clients.
- Identifying delinquent accounts requiring external collection efforts.
- Identifying bad debt or financial exposure.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned from time to time
- Owns shared responsibility to create and maintain a safe, healthy workplace culture and a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect dignity, and where workplace violence, harassment and bullying are not tolerated from any person in the workplace by acting in compliance with applicable legislation and company safe work procedures and practices, as required by applicable company policies.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and meet deadlines.
- Ability to analyze business process and maintain internal controls.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office – Excel, Outlook.
- Proven ability to influence change and effectively lead collection activities.
- Capability to lower the company DSO.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and time management skills.
Required education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 1-2 years credit and collection experience
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.