Thinking of planning an eco-friendly event? That’s amazing! With the world’s growing concern and...
The Health & Safety Specialist will be responsible for a wide variety of initiatives in the areas of Health & Safety. They will be responsible for ensuring consistent administration and compliance with all health and safety regulations and programs. This position is also responsible for development and delivery of the company-wide Health and Safety program.
Essential Job Functions
- Health and Safety policy creation, revision, and implementation
- Provide guidance to all employees on the interpretation of H & S policies
- Reviews and follows up with supervisors to ensure timeliness, appropriateness of accident investigations and follow through on corrective action and root cause analysis.
- Monthly reporting and analysis of accidents and injuries and compilation of monthly safety reports
- Champions all OHS Management System Audits
- Co-Chairs the Joint Health & Safety Committee
- Coordinates OHS training with external vendors as well as developing and delivering in-house OHS Training
- Liaise with WSIB or other external service providers, employees and management team regarding WSIB claims and Early and Safe Return to Work.
- Conducts Health & Safety Orientation for all employees
- Oversees site specific Emergency Response Plan
- Looks for opportunities to reduce ergonomic issues
- Reduction / elimination of workplace accidents & injuries
- Degree or Diploma
- 1-3 years related experience
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong team player with problem solving capabilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential
- Ability to ensure integrity of data and confidentiality of employee information
- Computer proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of software – MS Excel, MS Word, MS Power Point & Outlook
- CRSP accreditation or working towards